Man warns others after apartment fire injures 3-year-old child and woman in coma

Brianna Rushing her husband Joel lives in an apartment in Pennsylvania but yesterday when Joel was at work he received a phone call that no one wants to receive.

“She called me immediately, told me our apartment was on fire and I didn’t know how bad it was, but we pretty much lost everything,” Joel Rushing said.

Piles of burnt clothes and toys are all that remains inside.

“After taking our daughter out she went back to try and save our two cats that we have and I mean there’s nothing worth going back to in a fire,” Joel said.

When she returned, she was badly burned. She is currently being treated at UNMH for her burns and for smoke inhalation. Her family has not been able to visit her and her husband has not seen her since he went to work on Friday morning.

“It’s extremely scary not knowing what’s going on, not knowing if she’s okay, not being able to see what really happened to her, it’s just extremely scary,” Joel said.

While he’s grateful his daughter is safe, he wants to warn anyone who might be caught in a fire.

“I love my wife to death and nothing will change that, but never go back to a fire, anyone, because that could be the result,” Joel said.

A GoFundMe page has been created for the Rushing family.

Comments are closed.